What should I buy? A single 4 group machine or two 2 groups machines???
4 GROUP PROS:
1) A single 4 group machine takes up less counter space. Each extra groups takes only about 6 inches.
2) There is a little less repair in the long run (as apposed to 2 machines).
4 GROUP CONS:
1) Even though you have a very lage machine and 4 brewing heads, you are restricted to 2 steaming pipes. ALL 4 group machines have only 2.
2) If the machine breaks down, you lose everything at once.
2 GROUP PROS:
1) If one machine should break down, the other machine would continue to operate. This would virtually eliminate any down time due to mechanical failures. You would always have a machine to produce your coffee.
2) Having two, 2 group machines, you would have 4 steaming pipes. Twice what a 4 group machine would have. This would allow more people to use the machines at once increasing beverage output.
3) Many times 2 machines can be placed in different locations, breaking the load on any particular station.
2 GROUP CONS:
1) There is a little more repair in the long run with 2 machines. (but well worth the advantages)